Assistant Returning Officer Course Outline
Returning officers ensure that the party holds fair and open selections for electable positions. They ensure fair treatment for the applicants, they ensure that selection rules are adhered to, they ensure that eligible members are given the opportunity to vote, and if necessary, they resolve conflicts between applicants.
Who is it for?
Party members who want to be trained as Assistant Returning officers.
No previous experience necessary. Trained individuals will need to oversee an election with a fully trained returning officer in order to be fully qualified Returning Officers.
What will we cover?
During the course we will cover:
- Forming and training the shortlisting committee
- Agreeing the advert and paperwork for the candidates pack
- Receiving applications and working with the shortlisting committee to shortlist candidates
- Overseeing related communications to members
- Running the hustings meeting, counting the votes and announcing the winning candidate
How long is it?
Approximately 3 hours
How do I find out more or book?
The LibDem website explains what an RO does. Please follow this link to find out more: https://www.libdems.org.uk/returning_officers
To register your interest in attending a course, please contact email@example.com and you will be informed of the next available course date.